One of the most interesting features of Firefox 11 is the Page Inspector 3D View, a tool for developer to inspect web page element in more intuitive and clearer point of view, that brings 3D visualization for elements structure of a web page, just like a building.
With this new way of visualization, users can get a better understanding of how web-sites work, relationship between an x element and other y element, positions of components and their container, and more.
Page Inspector 3D View requires a Web GL capable hardware system. To use this tool, just right click on a page and select Inspect elements. If Firefox finds WebGL-capability on the computer, a 3D button will appear at near bottom left corner on Firefox browser window. Click the button to start viewing page elements is 3D visualizations.
Other than 3D view capability, FIrefox 11 also bring some other interesting and useful features.
Browser settings and preference syncronizations in Firefox has now a wider capability; installed add-ons can now be syncronized across different computers.
If a user has Google Chrome browser installed on his/her system, Firefox can also import browsing experience such as bookmarks, history, and cookies from Google Chrome.
Here are new features/improvements in Firefox 11 Beta:
- NEW: Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default.
- NEW: With Sync enabled, add-ons can now be synchronized across your computers.
- NEW: The CSS text-size-adjust property is now supported.
- HTML5: The outerHTML property is now supported on HTML elements.
- HTML5: View source syntax highlighting now uses the HTML5 parser.
- DEVELOPER: The Style Editor for CSS editing is now available to web developers.
- DEVELOPER: Web developers can now visualize a web page in 3D using the Page Inspector 3D View.
- DEVELOPER: SPDY protocol support for faster page loads is now testable.
- DEVELOPER: XMLHttpRequest now supports HTML parsing.
- DEVELOPER: Files can now be stored in IndexedDB.
- DEVELOPER: Websockets has now been unprefixed.
- FIXED: Redesigned media controls for HTML5 video.
- FIXED: Firefox notifications may not work properly with Growl 1.3 or later.
Download Mozilla Firefox Beta from official page.